So I haven't posted in a while. Yeah.
Meh- I have no excuses. At any rate there are a couple of funny things that have happened:
1) I went miniature golfing with "The Boys" (a.k.a. Chris, Andy, Cedric, and Gerhardt) a couple weeks back. It was funny because they all decided I was a hard ass teacher. :) This is news to anyone how? Oh yeah, and Cedric had NEVER been putt-putt golfing and therefore brought his camera. It was really cute.
2) I visited my friend, Clare, a few days ago. She and I team taught last year and she has been home with her beautiful twin babies. Mary and Macy are now 6 months old. Clare told me the other day that she plans on taking a picture of Macy and sending it into the Ellen Show. Apparently people send pictures of their baby/child and suggest stars or famous people they look like. Clare's assessment is that Macy looks like Droopy Dog. When she sends me a picture I will post it with comparison.
3) My dad called me on Saturday. He and I have been talking lots with the plan of the whirlwind Michigan trip in order to transport the new(older) car that Aunt Virginia (Chris' great aunt who is 92) is selling him. At any rate, Dad calls on Saturday and says: "Guess what we got!" Yep- Dad and Linda got a puppy. A Newfie to be exact! CRAZY BIG DOG! I can't wait to see her, though. 8 weeks old and her name is Sydney. He is so excited I almost felt like I was the parent and he was the little kid when he told me.
4) Sylvia is coming into town for a long weekend visit from California. She just called to see that everything was all set and we would be there to pick her up at RDU on Friday. Oh yeah...apparently Patti is coming out for a whole week in June and no one told us. Nice. :) I had to laugh. Sylvia's comment: "Obviously Patti hasn't called you to say that she was going to return from Cali through Raleigh and take a week to visit." Yeah. I had to laugh. I left Patti a message and gave her a hard time. The only bad thing is that it looks like the week that she visits is going to be the week right before my students' EOG (end of grade) tests. Ugh.
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment