Thursday, May 12, 2005

Good Stuff

Woo hoo! So I am back from my brief trip to Michigan to retrieve a car. I flew up on Mother's Day, which was nice because I happened to find out the whole family was meeting up at Aunt Lucy's farm. Dad was gracious enough to drive me out there. We all had a nice time, if not a little too short. Dad got to see everyone again and I know both the family and Dad enjoy that. *If you are unfamiliar with my family- parents are divorced, but my dad and my mom's side of the family (which is who we were seeing) still like each other and enjoy seeing each other when the opportunity arises.*

At any rate, we had a nice drive back here with the vehicle Chris got from his great aunt. Dad and I got a later start because we had to wait for the overnight of the title from NC and Chris, but we still hit Pigeon Forge (home of Dollywood) by 8:00PM on Tuesday night. Spent the night there, climbed back in the car and took the scenic way home. We went through Great Smoky Mountain National Park and then through took some of the Blue Ridge Parkway in order to get to Asheville. From there it was a straight shot on 40 all the way home. We got home a little after 4:00PM, so we made some good time. With any luck I can get the pictures developed and see about having them put onto a CD or something so I can post them. We had some great shots in the mountains!

So here are some good things:
1) Road trips with your dad.
2) Seeing your whole family.
3) The new Dave Matthews Band album.
4) Video game acapella
5) And speaking of video games...I can't wait for this symphony to show up in NC.

1 comment:

Shane said...

if you've never seen it, you need to check out the Mario Pianist on Ebaumsworld.com (search for Mario Pianist). The kid is amazing... he plays a lot of the Mario themes and does the main SMB theme blindfolded. The playing of the themes from memory almost perfectly is rather amazing... if not sad for the amount of time spent learning them... :)