Yesterday, as I watched the weather report, I noticed they called for a "wintery mix" Thursday morning. My friend, Loren (who is from San Diego) was thinking we might not have school. "Well, if they're right and it turns to rain by 9, then we'll be here," I told him. "Even still, I wouldn't mind a 2 hour delay or even a snow day," I finished wistfully. As we walked around the track at school during recess I lingered on the thought that having to make up school in a year round situation isn't so bad. We go to school on a Saturday to make it up (probably a week after this) and it's a half day, plus- half my kids usually don't show. Not too bad! But the realist in me started listing all the times I got my hopes up. So, last night I dutifully went to bed around 10:30 and got a nice night's rest.
I woke up to this:
I'd be mad, but my car looks like this:
Who says wishes don't come true?

No comments:
Post a Comment