So Thursday afternoon I was taking the dog out when Chris rolled into the parking lot. This is not so unusual, as we typically get home around the same time. What was odd, though, was that his car had smoke coming out from under the hood. Not just a little, but a lot.
So, fast forward to yesterday. We had the car towed (once I figured out that coolant was no longer in the little tank thingy) and what we thought was going to be a couple hundred turned into more (Chris wet himself, he says). But, we have no car payments and otherwise, the car is PERFECT and was very well taken care of by his great aunt. We pick up the car, have some dinner, and have planned on still visiting our friends in Richmond today.
Why am I writing all of this? Because currently we are sitting at the AAA Car Care Center three miles from him. It totally kicks ass that they have free internet access while we wait and I can write this. What totally sucks, is we have no idea why the CHECK ENGINE light came on as we got two miles from home on our way to VA. So..Yeah. Just when you think you might be coming out ahead, or at least able to feel like breaking even- life throws you a huge curve ball. I had *just* gotten off the phone with Andy, the friend we are supposed to go see, when the light came on. So, I called Gregg at AAA and here we are. The next conversation was with Andy, again, to explain that we don't know what the deal is.
So here we are....40 minutes later and waiting. Luckily we have this bitchin' computer access and it's free. Luckily, we stopped home and picked up my car in the event that fixing whatever is wrong will take a while. But, if it is going to take much longer, we may not make it to VA at all, as it would be pointless. We shall see....wish us luck!
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
SOOOOooooooo. . . . .
Post a Comment