Monday, January 30, 2006

Purchased: One Wedding Dress

So on Saturday we found a dress!  Actually, we found two.  The first one I really LOVED, but it was a "discontinued stock" item and not my size.  It was one size down and we just really felt (after getting the alterations lady out and looking at it) that it would be too hard.  It was the fact that my ribcage is not a size 10. :)  And that's not something you can easily change.So anyway, I tried on another dress that happened to be another discontinued stock item and on sale (bonus) that was my size.  Got it on....liked it, was simple, but elegant.  I couldn’t decide right away, though.  There were several people in the store telling me they loved it on me, but it felt like it was missing something....that's when my mom grabbed a veil (she totally read my mind in what I needed to see).  As soon as I had it on, I LOVED it! I looked at it for a minute and then started the twirling and my mom reminded me that adding jewelry would change the look of it too.  But seriously, it was putting the veil on that sealed the deal.  It just felt "right": the right size, the right type, the totally right price, and I love the way it makes me look and feel.  So....we bought it!  And now I have a dress waiting for me at a little boutique in downtown Raleigh that will keep it for me until the wedding day.  And I can go and visit my new dress whenever I want! 

I wish I could post pictures here, but Chris does read my blog from time to time.   As much as I want to share it with him, I won’t.  I do believe in that one tradition of the groom not seeing the bride in her dress until right before the ceremony or as she walks down the aisle.  So, if you want to see it, you can e-mail me and I will gladly send a picture your way (provided I know you…it would be really weird if someone I didn’t know wanted to see it…except if I know you through reading your blog.  That might be different).  So…I FOUND A DRESS!  

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oooooh! Cool!

Trying on dresses was very surreal for me--I'm sure it was a lot that way for you, too.

I'd love to see a picture, if you want to send one my way.

Mandy said...

Thanks, Jen. It was a little surreal, but SOOOOOO much fun. I went three times and tried on dresses. Twice with my mom (the first and last time) and then once with a friend down here, which was a lot of fun.

Anyway....I'll send a few photos your way!

Anonymous said...

this is melinda--send me one too