Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Favored Nation

So, while I was poking around and reading my favorite blogs this evening I noticed something new. Maybe it isn't new, but I just never noticed it was changed and I was added. Apparently I have hit the super big time (at least in my world of family reading my blog) because I have been added to the Favored Nation Status of Magazine Man's blog!

DUDE! HAAAAAAWESOME! (Chris reminded me to put this)

I had no idea that I was added, but there I am. I think I finally found a title to my blog thanks to MM:

No longer am I Untitled.
I will now be:MANDY'S MUSINGS!

Now why didn't I think of that?

And just for those of you wondering: I feel much better this week. Granted, last week ended in a great huge bang:
1) My car broke AGAIN on Thursday night
2) Northwest tried to charge me twice for the plane tickets I bought get Chris and me to Arkansas to see his grandma next week.

I am happy to say that I panicked, but didn't fall completely apart. The NW tickets were taken care of and the car is still broken. I haven't taken it in because it is probably more expensive than the worth of the car. Chris and I have decided that, for now and maybe until the wedding this fall, we will make do with one car. So that means that on days I work the second job I drive Chris into Raleigh for work and head back here for school and then pick him up in the evenings. Then he drops me off at the second job and picks me up. On days I don't work, he drops me at school and picks me up after he is done working. I know it sounds like a lot of driving, but we actually have spent a nice amount of time together this week as a result and this definitely makes for a less crazy and depressed Mandy.

In the mean time I am simply rejoicing in the knowledge that there are only 3 school days left until I track out for 3 and a half weeks. I might work a couple more hours at the part time job, but at least I won't be doing both!

2 comments:

Shane said...

sounds like the name of someone else's blog... ;P - which btw, i finally posted in again... what a n00b i am.

anywho... hang in there. my folks always tell me stories about when they first started out teaching. my dad would come home from work to the house that he, mr. granlund, o'brien, sanford, and others shared (all came from the UP to clarkston to teach at the same time) and go downstairs to the bathroom and take a shower just to bang his head on the wall and try and de-stress... it's stressful work that you do and i know it is trying and stressing at times, but you'll get through it. my folks got through it an tought for 32 years... there were days where my dad yearned for that shower wall, but he got through it and you will too.

take care of yourself... it's too early to be completely stressing out. wait 'til kids come for that.. :P

-s

Mandy said...

Hey...I haven't been to your blog in so long because well...you posted back in October!

I forgot yours was named that. Thanks for the pep talk, though. The thought of your dad living with granlund, o'brien, and sanford....holy crap that's a laugh right there! :)