The official countdown has begun. I only have 4 more days left of school before my track out time of three whole weeks! I’m not counting today in my count, though. Once I get to school I figure the day will go fast. Fridays are like that here. I have two parents in at two different times to make copies and then file things for the kids’ folders this afternoon. Somehow that extra adult in the room makes things go faster. Here’s to hoping today flies.
Ernesto is very much in the Triangle today. Gusty and rainy sort of day; I think Pooh would have called it a blustery day, which it is. Days like today always make me feel really low key. The best part of today? We get to wear jeans! Woo hoo! I was really hoping that Ernesto would have come right through the Triangle, like the weather guys originally thought, but no such luck. Honestly, I was just looking for a day off from school. It’s totally a cop out, I know! Seriously, though, this is the end of my 14th week of school and I am starting to lose the patience I normally have with my kids. I know that tradition calendar people go that long and goodie for them. But I am on a year round calendar and I want my break! Brilliant move to switch tracks. Brilliant.
In completely unrelated news:
A grand hello to Amber who has started to read this blog. Amber has known me since I was a crazy 10 year old, much like my own students are crazy and 10 now. Just remember, Am-Dawg: Most of the time I am really boring.
Tomorrow marks my public debut! Last night at TOTAL WINE AND MORE (woot) I closed with Dena (super woot). Now, Dena works for Barnes and Noble, which is just a few stores down from TW in the shopping center. Well, we all know how much I love to read and how I spend a nice amount of time wandering in there. Well, Dena was telling me about the fact that Saturday was supposed to be her first full day off in 40 days, but now she had to be the read aloud person for the children’s hour at the store. Of course, being the crazy person I am, I immediately said that would be an awesome job for me and how much I loved doing read aloud for my students at school. This is no way a lie- read aloud is my FAVORITE time of day at school. Every kid (and adult) needs a story read to them once in a while.
The point? Tomorrow at 11:00AM I am the guest reader at Barnes and Noble for the kiddies. I get to read an Arthur book and Arthur himself will be there. And Dena gets her day off and we are all a little happier about life. So, if you are a friend who lives down here and you read this in time, come out and watch me read!
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So... How was the read-aloud at B&N?
Post a Comment