Isn't it weird to think that just one day can change your name? You still get to be the same person, but this new part of your identity gets added into the mix? Weird...So Saturday is the day! Finally this wedding is here and we're gettin' hitched. I must say, I hope it ends the weird-ass dreams I've been having. None of them made me nervous until the one where Chris was wearing acid washed jeans, sneakers, and a western-style dressy coat with the cut out pattern in the back. The pattern was colored a shocking 80s pink. Oh yeah- it was BEDAZZLED! When I asked him (yelled at him) why he was wearing it he simply replied that I had allowed him to pick his tuxedo and that was what he wanted. I woke up to my alarm clock that morning with a little panic.
So, today was nice and then sucked. Ran some errands, had lunch with Chris and co-workers, picked up my wedding dress. Came home and started to clean and Chris was nowhere to be found. He had an eye appointment that lasted TWO HOURS! So, by the time he got home I was starving, tired, and getting cranky. Well, he had a pretty bad headache. By the time we made it to Subway I was getting my own headache and his was getting worse. Mine got better upon eating (so fast that now my intestines hate me and are twisting as I type) and Chris just got worse.
Let me interrupt and point out that last night we spent the evening clearing out the spare bedroom closet and then I cleaned the room by dusting and vacuuming. We went to bed at 10:30. I slept until about 4:00am and that was about it. Lots of cleaning, not enough sleep.
So back to tonight- we got home and Chris pretty much is done. He barely ate, he feels terrible, and I am not thrilled. The whole rest of the apartment (both bathrooms, the cat box, the rat cage, the kitchen) all need to be cleaned and/or at the least wiped down. I know that Chris couldn't help being ill, but can I just say there was a small part of me that just wanted to shoot him up with morphine so I wasn't left to do all this by myself? Gah!
So anyway...here is is at 11:00 and I am waiting for the comforter to come out of the dryer so I can put the towels in there and finish making the bed my dad will need to sleep in when they get here. I abandoned the kitchen (it's just a few dishes and mopping the floor), abandoned my bathroom (Chris is trying to sleep), and focused on vacuumming the chairs (so no one chokes on the hair) and cleaning the guest bathroom. Cat box is done and nearly killed me. I could keel over and sleep for two days I think. But I don't get to! Why?
Because I'm Getting MARRIED ON SATURDAY!! HOORAY! Despite all this crap- I am still excited. I can't wait for everyone to get into town. I am off to bed in hopes that I won't have creepy dreams and I can sleep past 4:00am.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment