Last October I went to that seminar on Ocracoke Island and wrote and wrote and wrote and my soul was refreshed. Yes, you heard me MY SOUL! It felt good and lovely and I didn't even miss anyone until the five days was almost over. Chris has been getting on me to get back to the business of writing (usually he does this when he sees me reading or moping for unknown reasons). So this is what I am proposing:
I will write starting Friday, February 1, 2008 and post something new EVERY day until my birthday on March 2nd. That's 31 days (including my birthday). The catch is, of course, who will hold me accountable? Well, I e-mailed five people (if you are previous readers of this blog then they are my five core friends). Gina, Sara, Anne, Kim, and Karen are (hopefully) going to help me stay on track and I even came up with rules for myself:
The Rules:
1) I must publish every day during the month of February and March leading to my birthday post on March 2nd, 2008.
2) I must post something new by midnight Eastern Standard Time.
3) If I do not make a deadline, the jury (that would be you five girls) gets to decide on some punishment.
4) Chris has veto power for any punishment he deems unacceptable.
5) I will video tape a punishment (if necessary) and post it on YouTube to prove that it was carried out.
6) I will not write a run down of my day- this will be some sort of creative type writing that includes, but is not limited to: poems, essays, or short stories.
Now, I need to point out that these are the most basic of rules and I am open for the discussion of them. Needless to say, Rules 1, 2, and 6 need to be hard, set in stone rules. This will not be my basic blah, blah, blah about my day. So...here's to 31 days of writing!

1 comment:
What a good goal Mandy! I will check up on you!
Post a Comment