Sunday, April 06, 2008

Nearly Done

So, it seems that my little plan really didn't work. Then again, no one wanted to punish me and that's good. My stuff for the museum got handed in on time and I recently received some feedback: all things are going great, my work was "wonderful" and the program has been popular! I had asked for feedback for the purposes of the national boards, but that was way better than I could have hoped for. I would love to work with them again. Hell, I would love to work there permanently!

In other news- not much. The whole portfolio for boards was crazy near the end. I need to schedule my testing center appointment and I might choose to get that done over my track out in two weeks, but I haven't decided. I guess it all depends on the dates the center has available. Once I am done with that, though, it's a long wait until November. That would be the earliest I get my scores and it could be as late as December (which I hope it is not!). I am thinking I may have to redo part of my portfolio, but really it all comes down to numbers. I could rock the testing center and make up for points I missed on the portfolio (that would be preferable, but not likely). We shall see.

Not much else- thought I would get to relax for the first time over this past week, but the car needed to be fixed and that was a pain in the ass. We took it to the dealership and then they told us that the part wasn't under warranty so we were out $300! I looked for my warranty and I beg to differ, so now I get to make some calls and see about finagling my money back. Wish me luck! I haven't done much "fun" writing because of boards, but I do have a poem I hope to get typed up and posted. We did a workshop on the last teacher in-service day on integrating the arts with our curriculum. My group was more than thrilled that they knew I was a writer. Although we were to compose the poem together it was really my poem and some great ideas of items to include from the group. They were content to let me write the poem and I was content to write and ask for help when needed. The result was great and (according to the drama teacher and Denise) the most poem-like of the poems each group produced. Denise was laughing when I sat down. She later came up to me and said: "That was all yours and no one helped. I can tell by the tone of it that it was just your writing." It made me smile that she knows my writing well enough now. Still, it was a good poem. So- more to come at a later date. In the mean time I am off to switch over the laundry and read a little before bed.

1 comment:

karenmulder said...

Yay Mandy! Back in the blog zone. I blogged myself on MySpace this past weekend. Anyway, I'm glad you took my last comment to heart.