Yesterday was my birthday. Indeed, I turned 28. It's weird too- just thinking that my mom was 28 and she had a four year old and a one year old. Here I am with a life very different than my childhood self would have imagined so many years ago. Not that I am at all unhappy in my life. Quite to the contrary- I am a blessed person. Blessed with family and friends and with a wonderful boyfriend. There are so many things I am thankful for. Still, there is this weirdness about turning 28 because I can't find my "Seven Year Letter" and I know that (even at 21) I would never have thought I would be where I am now.
At any rate, my birthday was quite nice. My students, in great anticipation for my return from Michigan AND it being my birthday all in the same day did some serious planning. I walked into my classroom and there were fantastic construction paper chains in the doorway. There was a great picture drawn on the board and birthday cards all over the place! As if that was not enough, I was treated to food all day long. One girl brought in Krispy Kream donuts, two other girls made a big chocolate chip cookie cake, and my little Dear made chocolate cookies. We had breakfast, snack, and lunchtime dessert! An all around great birthday. On the way home from tutoring I picked up some Boston Market as Chris and I both had headaches and were seriously tired and didn't want to cook. After we ate I simply sat on the couch and finished reading Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. I highly recommend it. I haven't read anything by him in years and really didn't want to, but Chris swore to me that I would like the book and he was right. FANTASTIC. Really, not at all horror or anything; an all around good story.
So that was my big 28. Nothing too crazy. Calm, tired and read a book. Makes me wonder what 29 might bring next year.
Thursday, March 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Mandy... may there be many more happy ones to come.
YES!!!!!!!!! I read Life Expectancy a month or two ago.... SO good! One of my favorite Koontz books.
Anyway, happy birthday, again!
Thanks, guys. :) Despite the events surounding my birthday, I have to say it was nice to just sit back and read. And Jen, Chris wants to recommend the book "Odd Thomas" if you haven't already read it. :)
Post a Comment