Monday, February 06, 2006

MITCH ALBOM: Steelers and Detroiters worthy of biggest stage

I love living down south, but I still have love for where I grew up. I can't count how many times I explained how important this Super Bowl was to those of us who grew up in, around, or just outside of Detroit. And the best part was hearing all the great press over the past week that the city got. I loved the work that Good Morning America did to spot light the city. For those of us who know that Detroit has it's problems, but still love it for all that it still has to offer- read Mitch Albom's take on the game and Detroit's shining moments.


MITCH ALBOM: Steelers and Detroiters worthy of biggest stage

1 comment:

Shane said...

I am proud to say that I put forth my efforts for the Super Bowl. I was lucky enough to be chosen to work for the NFL Disability Services at the NFL Experience at Cobo and then worked a 20 hour day at the Super Bowl itself. My job was to assist people with mobility impairments through the massive lines to get in, through the magnetometers, into Ford Field and to their seats. Then at the end of the night, take people from the stadium to the shuttles and lots surrounding the area.

If I get a chance, I will post up some of my pics from my cell phone taken at the game and around the game. It was a great experience and the time of my life. Even though it was a LOOOONG day...

It was a shining example of how things CAN be in Detroit when there is cooperation and a hard date to hit.

BTW - lots of celebs... from Kid Rock to Kwame to the MVPs in the elevator to all the people at the NFLX.