Monday, February 13, 2006

The Things I Can't Write About...

So, Chris found out today that he did not get the position he was interviewing for at his company. Grrr....He interviewed way back in mid-December and just found out today. Apparently it was a very close "race" and tough decision. I know this is usually a load of crap when they say it, but I do believe that they had a tough time. Even still.....It took long enough to find out! That's all I can say on that, though. I can't blog about my discontent for fear of getting Chris into trouble. Needless to say, I am fired up and I used a few choice words. I'm more upset than Chris, but for a different reason. Enough of that, though.

More things I can't write about....The Student. Actually, the whole 5th grade has lost their minds. I can't believe these kids are half way through the third marking period and they can't seem to get their acts together- academically or behaviorally. It's scary. No details, though. Don't want to get myself into trouble.

Things I can write about:
1) Today is my brother's birthday! Happy Birthday Tripper! He turns 32. It used to seem odd when I said that my brother was 25, but then three years after that I turned 25. It was a bit weird when he turned 30 (to think that he was 30!). But now, not so much. We've turned around and gotten older, wiser, closer to each other, and it's just another age.

2) The cool thing about my brother is that we may not talk all the time on the phone, but we always call each other for the cool things. And he can keep secrets. He totally covers my butt sometimes. ;) He called me the other night just to tell me he bought an Apple Computer. He knew I would be impressed. I called him today to fill him in on some stuff, but mainly to tell him I let Chris register for the XBox 360 when we went to Target for the wedding registry. I told Tripper because I knew it would get a good laugh and he would think it was cool. (Do I expect to get the 360? Nah...But I knew some people who registered for a plasma TV....I have better chances. Besides- it made Chris happy).

3) The above mentioned registries have been started. We started it online and then went to the store. We soon figured out that Target was not the only place we needed to register. Target had the bedding we both liked and the dishes. I went online later last night and started the other one at Bed Bath and Beyond. That was fun! This is totally something that is fun for me and not so much for Chris. Still, it was cool and I have been enjoying it.

4) Tomorrow is Jeans Day at school for staff! Hooray! Wear Red, White and Pink Day for the school means jeans may be worn for teachers. I just put in the load of laundry with my red sweater so I am ready for tomorrow.

Other than that...eh. Not much. Happy Birthday again to my big brother!

No comments: