Okay, so I think we have officially settled on a place to have our wedding! WOO HOO! We have to make plans to actually go there and test out the food, but for the price and the fact that we have both the wedding and reception there- we can not go wrong! It's called Cafe Luna and is right near Exploris and the IMAX, which is a place both Chris and I like to hang out in Raleigh. It seems a nice way to show all of our out of town guests (most everyone) what our new town is like.
At any rate, with that little detail in my head Chris and I have started to save in hopes of being able to put the money down on the place, should it be all that everyone says it is, as soon as possible. My biggest worry is that the big bridal show at the Fair Grounds happens in early January and we may not have the $700 saved up yet and someone might take our date. This is the cut-throat world of wedding planning coming out. We'll see, though. As soon as the venue is set, word has it that I can do something like pick out invitations and what not. The what not would be the most fun sounding thing about this whole "We're getting married!" thing which is to REGISTER! Ah yes, no more are the days of longingly looking at things in Hecht's and thinking: "Wouldn't it be nice to have a whole new set of glassware that DIDN'T have MSU on it?" Not that I don't love my Michigan State glasses, they just don't quite make the statement I want when I have a friend over for dinner and we all actually eat at the table. Chris is not nearly as excited about any of this, but I really don't mind. He just smiles and nods and offers an opinion about dishes (who would have thought he would be so hard to please on that one?).
In other news, I have a fantastic cold that seems to have migrated from sinus headaches to a major throat hurting thing. I used a monster flashlight to look down my throat today and saw nothing unusual other than it looked red and irritated. No white and bumpy stuff. Thankfully none of my students has had strep recently and I don't think I have to worry about that. Even still, I felt crappy yesterday and actually took a sick day today. I even managed to call it in before lunch yesterday and have all my sub plans done so I could just walk out after my students got on the bus yesterday. I'm thinking it was the best idea I've had in a while considering I slept from 10:30 last night until about 10:30 this morning with a small time where I was half awake while Chris was getting ready for work. So yeah, I never sleep that long or that much. I must actually be sick and needed to take a sick day. A whole new concept for a teacher. I'm feeling better today (head wise and tummy wise), but the throat is getting steadily worse. This is not good at all since I just started reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as our read aloud book. Darn it! This one is one where I could really get into doing some of the voices, too.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment