Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Crazy Maniac Status

So tonight for dinner we were terrible. Well, it's not like we sat and ate Oreos for dinner (although the thought did briefly pass through my head before I shook it out as a very bad idea). But we also need to go grocery shopping and that left me with the lame choices of:
1) Rice- yummy, but typically bland
2) Mac and Cheese- yummy but not the taste I wanted
3) Eggs- scrambled or fried!
4) Muffins- they require both milk and eggs, but don't make for good dinner

That was it. I mean, we have meats in the freezer, but they are all frozen solid! After five minutes of me whining to Chris about lack of choices he basically told me to make BOTH rice and eggs and be done with it and we would shop tomorrow. My only other option would have been let him try to figure out a different dining choice and I would have to clean the cat box.

I AM A GOURMET EGG AND RICE COOKER! :) I am also officially a crazy maniac for fixing this for dinner. I promised I would do better tomorrow, though.

In the mean time I am still obsessing over Mac computers. I wish I could have one. I get a nice discount through the NCAE being an educator and all. Still, there is no money for the computer because all the money must go toward the wedding. Meh.....I guess it's better than a computer. :)

I really should be getting to bed. Tomorrow marks Day #2 of the EOG (end of grade) testing for my kiddies. It's a LOOOOOONG test day tomorrow (135 minutes plus instruction reading time) in the morning. I hate standardized testing. All the kids did great today (even the Devil Child). I have a feeling tomorrow is likely to be the day that D.C. loses it, though, and either needs to be pulled from the room OR he will give up half way through and just start bubbling in whatever answer. He asked me today about how it's decided that a kid doesn't pass a grade. He doesn't know that he is being kept back, but I know he has a good idea....How can you not when you are failing for three marking periods so far? As much as I complain about him, I also can't imagine what it must feel like to know that all the testing for him is some small formality that will just seal his fate of repeating 5th grade. It makes me sad too.....There are kids in this world that you send off and you just know where they end up is not going to be good.

Right. I need to leave on a positive note! I talked to Jesse, one of Chris' groomsmen, tonight and another buddy of his. They have both concretely sworn to be here in October! Woo hoo! According to the little counter on my software there are a mere 136 days to go. Nice!

No comments: