Monday, October 25, 2004

eBay Addiction

Thanks to Tripper I am now an eBay addict again. I was trying to stay away, but he brought me back in. I go through phases with eBay. I went for about two years where every present I bought for Chris (his birthday and Christmas) I got them through eBay. Yes, it is a wonderful thing.

My newest thing with eBay is that there is FABRIC for sale there. I am in the midst of trying to get three baby quilts done. It would help if I get my butt in gear and get Emma's quilt finished and all that before I start on one for Clare's twin babies (who are not yet born). I figured since Clare has still not picked out fabric for me, though, I might be able to shave some cost and time off the whole thing if I looked on eBay. This is what I found and am bidding on. Notice that the squares are already matched (color wise), cut, washed and ironed! So when they are sent to me all I have to do is figure out the pattern they should be in and start sewing! I LOVE THIS! The other thing I loved is that the whole thing is only costing me $4.54! You can not beat that. If I went to JoAnn Fabric it would cost me more and then I would have to agonize over the color scheme. I am not good with picking out my own colors just yet. I usually need help. This makes it so much easier!

Yes, I love eBay again!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I go through periods of time where I am addicted to eBay. I've not bought anything off there for quite a while now, though, so I figure it's about time. =)

Wish I could quilt. Wish I could sew.

John said...

I have to sell some things on Ebay. Just have to get around to it.

Anonymous said...

Well, Mandy my dear, it makes me so proud of you that you are getting some good use out of that sewing machine that your Dad and I got you for Christmas (now, what year was that?????). I'm just sorry that I can be there to "guide" you, but I am sure that you are doing just fine without my assistance. Please send me and your Dad a picture of you sewing and I will put it in a frame and keep it in my sewing room. I haven't yet gotten the "hang" of this Blog stuff, as you can see I'm posting Anonymous. Love and miss you. Glad you liked the spiderweb. I sure could have used your long arms and legs when I had to climb up to the top of the ladder :) Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Well, Mandy my dear, it makes me so proud of you that you are getting some good use out of that sewing machine that your Dad and I got you for Christmas (now, what year was that?????). I'm just sorry that I can be there to "guide" you, but I am sure that you are doing just fine without my assistance. Please send me and your Dad a picture of you sewing and I will put it in a frame and keep it in my sewing room. I haven't yet gotten the "hang" of this Blog stuff, as you can see I'm posting Anonymous. Love and miss you. Glad you liked the spiderweb. I sure could have used your long arms and legs when I had to climb up to the top of the ladder :) Love, Linda