Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Hooray for Chris's new computer!

Hmm....Should "Chris" possessive actually be 's or s'? Eh, who cares tonight? NOT ME!

Anyway, so Chris got his new computer today. He ordered it way back two and a half weeks ago from Dell. He's pretty happy. It boils down to this: He got the XPS system, which is top of the line. Not only that, but the punk has TWO HARD DRIVES and 5.1 DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND. Throw into the mix that he has a flat panel monitor and lord only knows what else and I would color me green with envy. I have some computer jealousy going on. The good thing about all this is that I get to pillage his old Dell for the video card, sound card, and RAM. Chris upgraded his last computer a bit and those things are all better than my current stuff- so this weekend I will get to revamp my 'puter. The other wonderful thing is that I FINALLY have Word and Excel again. When my hard drive died on me in May and I had to send it in to Western Digital I lost everything. That included all the great stuff that Tripp loaded onto it. Some of it I could reload, thanks to the master disk he made me. This disk, to my complete dismay, did not include any Microsoft Office components. So, I have been existing on this computer without a word processor or spread sheet program. This sucks because I am trying very very hard to make sure my check book stays balanced at all times. One way I do this is to make a spread sheet of monthly expenses. Soo....I have been doing it at school, which takes away time from what I really should be doing: SCHOOL STUFF.

Speaking of school- I track out in just THREE MORE DAYS! Hip hip hooray! You know it is time when the Art teacher says to you: "I can't wait for your kids to track out." Yeah....I don't know how I ever taught on a traditional calendar last year. This is so much better. I remember what I felt like at this time last year and it was stressed with a BIG S. The bad thing about it was that the nearest to a break I could see was Thanksgiving, which is still a month off. This is much better. I get three weeks off and get to vacation a little in California. YEAH!!!

At any rate, my new goal is that I am going to post at least every other day. I also wonder who reads my blog, if anyone. Does anyone read this? I know I live a relatively mundane life, but I do wonder some times. So yeah- if you read this (and you aren't Mom, Tripp, or Jen) let me know by posting a comment. I fully expect that I will simply hear from the above mentioned people. Even so- suggestions for tomorrow's blog (which I promise I will post)? The State Fair? My most embarrassing moment to date? You tell me and I will post it. :) There's some incentive to read!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Melinda, and I always read all the blogs but do not usually have much to comment on. Hence the reason I don't have a blog of my very own. I will try to think of an obscure topic for you buy in the meantime what is this info that Tripp said about not seeing you guys before February?

John said...

Yo yo yo! Big J here and I am reading, but you threw a shout out to me in you post. Much love! Word!

Jen said...

Okay, I know I don't technically count since you already mentioned me, but thought I'd let you know I check your blog on a daily basis (well, as long as I've gotten on the computer that day, which usually happens every day). But you probably already guessed that.

What's "tracking out?" You take off three weeks in the middle of the school year? I'm intrigued. Secretly, if it happened that Logan was on this schedule, I'd go ballistic. The boy drives me insane in uninterrupted blocks of time (i.e. more than three hours. Haahhaha, just kidding).

Anyway, I am all for the most embarrassing moment thing. In fact, I may do that on my blog, too. That would be after the triumphant post about receiving my new computer (hint, hint, UPS man).