Monday, January 03, 2005

Houseguest gone, students in class, nap time anyone?

*sigh* I hated getting up this morning. I was sleeping so well, which hasn't happened in about a month and a half. By sleeping well I mean that even though I woke up a few times before the alarm I was able to go right back to sleep. That is pretty good for me. Still, I just didn't want to go back to school!

Chris took Patti to the airport today. The remnants of her being here have taken the form of a grilled cheese smell in the household. She took us out to dinner last night (pleasant surprise) and we went to Ragazzi's (really great Italian place). She had pizza and had leftovers. Somehow she managed to focus on the "specials" card long enough to read that you could pan fry the pizza if you had leftovers. According to Chris (who had today off) it smelled way worse when she was actually cooking the pizza. I don't know- it's weird to come home and have your whole apartment smell like grilled cheese and not in a good and comforting way. Even still, she was good enough to strip the sheets off the bed and fold up the blankets. I do appreciate that. All in all it was much better this year than last year. She had her moments, but I do hold out hope that next year (which is most likely the next time she will be down here) she will be even better.

The kids are back at school too, although I wish I had one day to function without them. It wasn't too bad. This is the time when I basically give them the lecture that second semester is much harder and that my expectations are higher. It all boils down to the fact that I am no longer taking any crap. Mainly that applies to My Little Dear, but it also applies to everyone. It was nice to see them, but with only three weeks left until track out I am ready to be done. I was nearly comatose by lunch time and wanted to cry when I had to pick them up and know that I really didn't know what the heck I was going to do for math today. In the end we just reviewed the polygons and what not from before Christmas. Now...if only I knew what I would do with them tomorrow. :)

Ah well, back to the old grind stone. At least I can revel in the 70 degree weather today and tomorrow. Gotta love when the high for the week is about 20 degrees more than the average. Friday it is supposed to finally go back down to the mid-fifties. By then I might have burrowed under my covers and tried to hibernate until track out! :)

5 comments:

John said...

Yeah, work sucks! I was not ready to hear the alarm yesterday. Come to think of it, I wasn't ready to hear the alarm today either.

Shane said...

Not only does work suck, but being in 30 degree weather with another Winter Death Storm(tm) on the way is no picnic.

Looking at another 10 inches of snow. That ought to be fun Thursday morning.

Mandy said...

Yes, the sentiment is echoed again and again. Unfortunately I don't get to take the random day off to get my teeth cleaned....*sigh* I have to have it done on MLK Day, which I already had off. Death Storms? We don't have those. It was 69 today! :)

John said...

You too have Winter Death Storms(tm). Us folks in Michigan call it a scattered snow shower.

Mandy said...

That's true! People treat flurries and scattered snow like Winter Deat Storm(tm)! It happened the day after Christmas. Granted, even I didn't really want to be out and around in it, but that's mainly because they don't get the concept of when to actually salt roads around here.