You know the students need to leave the classroom and take a break from each other when...
One student cries at the drop of a hat for no apparent reason. Sure, she is 11 years old. Sure, hormones are pumping through her body and making her feel all these crazy emotions. BUT, I have seen this kid cry three times in two days! Today's wonderful crying jag was because of something that happened in gym class. Mr. Whilden, our teacher, was taking care of it when I showed up to pick them up from the gym. Apparently Girl 1 was crying because Girl 2 (who happens to be a best friend) said something during the game. Girl 1 claims it was mean. Girl 2's version is that they both were talking trash and that Girl 1 is way too sensitive.
Here's what I think: Girl 1 is too sensitive, but Girl 2 has a big mouth and sometimes needs to be less bossy and watch what she says. The ultimate solution is tracking out for our three weeks, but we still have this week and next week. *sigh* Even I'm tired of the kids. They are all at that point where they get to bickering and stop listening and make each other (and me in the process) completely insane. It is worse when you figure that there are only 12 of them and there are only so many other kids to play with or to do partner work with. This is a downside to having that few kids in your class.
In other news, I get the use of my mom's old digital camera. She bought a new one, I am buying her old one, but just don't have money right now. It's not even that she's selling it to me for all that much, but I simply don't have money right now. I think I might take it in to school tomorrow and take some pictures of the kids working on their math quilts and tessellations. Yeah...this could be handy!
Monday, January 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment