Tuesday, July 20, 2004

A New Beginning

It's interesting how you have a font in mind, but then this thing doesn't give you much choice.  I have become too used to Word and it giving you that cute little preview of the font on the drop down menu.  Yeah....preview city!  I miss that.
 
So here I am, starting a new blog.  This time I am promising myself to keep up.  I have more incentive.  This is my second year teaching- a much easier year.  The kids are funny already.  You may wonder why I am already in school and it is the middle of July.  Well, dear reader, that is because in the fine state of North Carolina (Wake County, at least) we have year round schools.  So I go for nine weeks (45 days) and then I have a three week break (15 days).  No summer vacation, but four breaks throughout the school year.  I think I will like it, but we shall see.
 
What I can say is that working in a brand new school and on Track 3, I have the benefit of having only 10 students for this year.  Now, I won't be so lucky next year.  You got live in the now and I will enjoy these 5th graders while they are with me.  Stay tuned for more updates...


No comments: