Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Trapped in the Laundry Room

It's already been one of those mornings.  I got up and showered....did my whole thing in the bedroom and bathroom.  Then I come out the door of my room and the cats, who are always at the door, are in the normal spot.  They seem a bit more "mouthy" than average.  Then I realize that I don't hear the familiar jingle of the dog collar.  I look around and notice that the laundry room door is closed.  We have it rigged so that (or so we thought again)the dog can not get in there, but the cats can in order to eat.  It is also where our trash can is.
 
Needless to say, and it is no real surprise, that I found Parker waiting for me.  Dogs are just so not very bright.  He looked very happy to see me.  Under normal circumstances, when the locking himself in the laundry room happens, I scold him and that is that.  He maybe ate some of the cat food.  Today was different....He knocked over the trash can, which was (OF COURSE) full and ready to be taken out.  Parker must be one of the only dogs on this earth who would go to all this trouble, get himself trapped, knock over the garbage can, and then (based on what I saw) NOT eat anything from the trash.  The picky little......well you get the idea.


1 comment:

Kathie Mac said...

Parker is a GOOD BOY!!!! Go, Parker!! Just say NO to garbage!!!