Right. As if the whole day wasn't enough. The dog incident was followed up by my students being all insane. Ten year old kids can be hell. Following directions just isn't something they do well right now. This will change....so help me it will. So after that it takes me an hour to get home. It should only take me 30 minutes. Grrr...
I thought that when I got home I could relax, but then I see the nice three page notice on the table from our apartment complex. It starts out "Good News!!!" These people must be on crack. The last three notices we got were not good news. Things about towing cars, then one about repaving the driveways/parking lots (which was a pain), and the last one was about how people's cars had been broken into. Good news is just not in their vocabulary here.
Upon closer inspection of this three page wonder it seems that they are on crack and this is not good news. They are going to be coming in, tearing out sections of our walls and replacing piping. This might be good in the LONG RUN, but what the heck am I supposed to do with two cats, a dog, myself, and Chris if my freaking water is turned off, I can't drink my water when it is on, there is dust EVERYWHERE, I can't wash clothing, I can't cook unless I have bottled water, and they have my A/C turned off? Uh...yeah. This is not at all good news. And they say that each building (only three total in the whole complex) will take 5-7 days. I have to remove all clothing, personal items, etc from anywhere in a room that has a sink or water lines and all my stuff needs to moved away from the walls where a water line or bathtub shares the other side of the wall. WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO REMOVE ALL THE TO? Chris and Mom just spent the better part of a week not that long ago making our apartment look so nice.
Here's something else to think about- I am just now starting to feel better from this bronchitis....they expect me to live in a place where the dust is going to be swirling? I have to use an inhaler to help with the irritation in my throat and bronchial tubes right now. In a week and a half I will have dust city! With what money am I supposed to buy all this water so I can brush my teeth. And I don't exactly like the idea of taking a shower in water that I cannot even use to wash my clothing. With what money am I going to pay the insane electric bill when I want to cool my apartment down each night so I can sleep? GAH!!! These people must thing we are a bunch of idiots.
There was just a big meeting of the women in our building. We are all marching down to the office on Saturday morning (because we all work) and demanding some answers and compensation. If I have problems living in the apartment when they do all this, then I am certainly not leaving my pets here. These people have another thing coming....
Wednesday, July 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment