Today was a good day. There is nothing better than coming back to school when you had a sub on a Monday and getting good reports. You may wonder why leaving students on a Monday is bad. Well, it basically means that I say goodbye to them on Friday and then they come in Monday to a sub. Monday is notorious for the "weekend act up" to still be in full swing. Plus, there is a lot that comes in and the kiddies seems to have eight trillion questions on Mondays. I hate being absent on Mondays. So, while I was in the School Improvement Plan workshop (don't ask.....it would take too long to explain) I had this moment of panic. It went something like this:
OH DEAR GOD! I don't think I left a note that Christian gets pulled for CCR and that Erica has AG classes and will just leave the room! Crap! I forgot to warn the sub about Andrew! CRAP CRAP CRAP! This sub will hate me!!!
So anyway- when I walked into my room I saw BIG writing on the plans I left. Ugh....this might not be good. But then, I really looked at the plans and the first word was: WOW! This could go either way. It could be the type of wow that you get when someone thinks: "Wow, this is the worst class ever and this teacher must be on the verge of being fired!" Or it could have been the type of wow you get when the sub realizes that the one kid in the class could take down the rest of them. Or the wow that tells you the kids were the most annoying little.....well, you get the idea. Anyway....the rest of the note read:
"Wow! Your class was great today! They were focused, quiet and polite. I didn't even have to give 1 warning! " There was more after that, but the sub offered to come back anytime, which is a good sign. Sometimes it can be a sign of insanity, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt. :)
So then, tonight, was the day I have been waiting for. The season premier of Gilmore Girls was on tonight. I LOVE THIS SHOW. I love this show and now I have Chris sitting down and watching. It's on the WB, but please don't hate me for liking it. I won't even call it a guilty pleasure because (mainly) the show is too darn smart and very funny. Not funny like everyone thinks sitcoms should be, but the kind of funny that has bite to it. Last week's season closer (the repeat) had this best line: "Tom, I am loving you like a two-dollar whore." Definitely a moment you had to see, but it is funny!
Tonight's best line? Lorelei is talking to Luke (humor me and pretend you care) and Luke is in the car driving to Maine. She asks him where he is and Luke's answer?
"Ahh....about ten minutes from if-I-lived-here-I'd-blow-my-brains-out. "
hehehehehehe......come on.....you know you've thought that before on a road trip!
Tuesday, September 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've passed a few places in: Ohio, the downriver area of Detroit, and some back woods areas of NC, that I had this feeling for.
Congrats to you for your class behaving so well in your absense!! AND a BIG congratulations to your class!! Good job, kids!!
Post a Comment