Monday, September 27, 2004

Re-Pipe, report cards, and pregnant friends

I know, I know. I have been absent of my blog since last Tuesday. I just didn't have anything nice to say after that day. Basically it all boiled down to my students making me so mad and giving me such a head ache that I just didn't want to function. It's not that they are bad kids....they just don't listen. They are angels for the substitute and when we work with the younger kids, but this past week they were AWFUL! So anyway, rather than complain about it all week I just didn't write.

So the re-pipe of the apartment started on Friday. That meant Chris and I spent Thursday night cleaning off the counters, cleaning out the laundry room, clearing out the bathrooms. It was not fun. The animals all freaked out a little bit. They have to spend their days locked in the computer room together until this is all done. So now we have holes in our kitchen ceiling, living room ceiling, bathroom ceilings (we have two bathrooms), and holes in the walls of the dining room, bathrooms and kitchen. FUN! At least they are pretty clean. The water tastes icky. It smells plasticy and tastes about as good. We had to live like this over the weekend. I figured out that if we wanted not-so-plastic-tasting-water I had to run the tap for about five minutes. So today we locked animals back in the room and it doesn't look as though anything new happened. They say the will be done in 5-7 business days. That would put them done on Thursday, but somehow I doubt it. I'll have Thursday off so I can get my car fixed, get my hair cut, and take care of various other things. I'm calling it a mental health day. Something tells me that I may not be able to stay in my own home, though. Grrrr.

Amid all this craziness we have the little problem of Bachman peeing on the carpet- TWICE IN ONE DAY. He is royally pissed off (no pun intended) about things being all out of whack. Eliot and Parker seem to be going with the flow. Bachman is not a happy cat, though. Then there is the whole REPORT CARD SITUATION. This year we are doing all our report cards online. That means that I can't do them at home because I have to be connected to the school network, which I can only access at school. This is just silly. I live 30 minutes from school and if I stay late tomorrow then I won't get home until even later. UGH UGH UGH. God bless Melissa, who is the AG (academically gifted) teacher. She is taking my class for an hour tomorrow so I can sit and do my report cards. They are very involved and I never get time on my own to just sit and do them. With any luck I can finish them tomorrow before 6:00PM. I have to get them handed in to the principal for review by Wednesday afternoon. Only three and a half weeks until we track out again!

The good thing about all this? I had dinner (for free thanks to a cool teacher reward program) with my friend, Clare. She and I taught together last year and got really close. She is SUPER preggers with twins! It's so good to see her all popped out. She and her husband had a heck of a time and this will probably be it for them. She looks so good and it is always so nice to see her and just chat. She is also one of those friends that hugs you every time you see her....even if you see each other lots. And the best thing about people like that- they hug you like they really mean it. I needed that today. :)

No comments: