Sunday, September 12, 2004

IMAX at Exploris Rocks!

I know, I know. I am a big lame-o. I haven't posted in a week. I have good excuses- company from Michigan and then recouping from that. Not to mention that my principal was in my classroom to observe me teach for the first time. Even still, I probably could have pulled off a short post. Ah well....for those of you who care to know: my principal gave me a glowing review.

So on to tonight's kick butt post. Chris and I just got home from Exploris, a museum and IMAX theater in Raleigh, and I am completely blown away. Again. Back in April, when Kim was here visiting, we took her into downtown and caught a film about Pandas. It was pretty cool. Based on a true story. The scenery was BREATH-TAKING! It was cool. Tonight was an entirely different story. Tonight Chris and I went on a date to see.....are you ready for this?

SPIDERMAN 2!! IMAX!! SPIDERMAN 2 IN IMAX!!! ROOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!

In order to prepare for the experience we popped in the original movie last night, got tired and finished it this afternoon. I was pumped to see #2 again. I had been complaining about wanting to see it. I found out last weekend that it was playing. We made the plans- we saw it. It rocked my socks. I can not tell you to run fast enough to an IMAX theater near you. I know that they are not common, but it was COMPLETELY worth the admission price of $10.95. And when you think about it- that is barely above what it costs to see a regular movie. Oh yes, Spidey in IMAX was a thing of beauty. The scenery of NYC was just too cool. I think that, on this particular weekend that marks the third anniversary of 9-11, it was a fitting choice. Just the one scene where Spiderman stops that train and then the passengers pass him over their heads and tell him that they are glad he is back. Chills.

So I leave you with this- if you haven't seen this movie yet and you want to and you have an IMAX theater near you.....go for the IMAX experience. You won't be sorry.

No comments: