Thursday, September 30, 2004

Haircut and a fixed car (we hope)

So today I am sitting in my mom's boss's office. Fun. I also am looking at the first sentence and it doesn't look quite right. I'm not sure if I needed to add the apostrophe and then the S to Boss. Hrm.....ah well.

Anyway, today is the mental day off I decided to take. My report cards are done, checked and handed back to me. They are ready to go home tomorrow with the kids. Stress level is slowly going back down. I talked to the guy who is finishing up in the apartment and he promised to be out of our hair and have things all painted up by the time that I get home. Thank goodness! We can move things back in to the proper rooms finally!

So that leaves me with the car being fixed, which is really why I took the day off today. Last time I talked to the repair shop they fixed the brake cable, but the hand brake STILL wouldn't work. Now they have to take apart both side of my car and see what is keeping the cable from working. As it stands right now the price is at a stead $120. That's not so bad if they can fix it so that the car will pass inspection and I will be NC street legal. I need an oil change too. It would just my luck if the car cost me more than an arm. I don't think I can pay an arm AND a leg this month. Fingers are crossed here. So in the mean time, as I impatiently wait for the shop to call, I am taking over an office and messing with the computer. :)

No comments: