As Tripper noticed- I changed the format. I got a little tired of the old one. Mainly I didn't like the fact that the print was so packed together. I liked the overall look, but the spacing of the print needed to be more. So....I took a look and changed to this one. It reminds me of Michigan somehow. This is the time of year that I miss Michigan because of the leaves and cider mills. Our leaves do change colors and, thankfully, where Chris and I live it is very much an autumn spectacular. But nothing really compares to that first real view of all the vibrant oranges, reds, and yellows in Michigan. Besides missing the family(which is harder sometimes than others), this really is the only thing I miss about Michigan.
Yes, the format change was my change in latitude. :) The attitude part is the quilting. I always get to a point where I go from thinking: "This is a pain. I hate cutting fabric." to something far better. The maintenance guys are in and out of the apartment today and as they were telling me what they would do (which is a whole other story) they noticed me putting away the sewing machine. I had just finished piecing together the top part, which is the only part I can do on the machine. It was an awe that I got from them. Interesting. I never thought about it because all I do is sew squares. Squares are pretty easy because you just sew in straight lines. My lines sometimes wobble a little. Some of my seams are a bit off track, but I just tell myself that it gives the quilt character. :) Besides, I don't think Emma will notice for a long time and when she does then I will have a secret to share with her:
Her quilt only the second one I have ever made, but it was made with the most love and pride of anything I have ever done.
At any rate, Chris has also seen the part of me that starts swearing like a pirate when something goes wrong when I sew- like breaking the needle of the machine.
Tuesday, November 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment