Monday, November 29, 2004

Random Thoughts

Why does USA have to play The Bourne Identity at 9:00? I can’t stay up to watch the whole thing. Way past my bedtime when it ends!

Why is it that when I try to post something when I don’t feel well Blogger always ends up having some internal error and I lose the whole post? This should teach me to write the whole thing in Word, but usually it doesn’t happen that way.

How is it that it took me about…oh two weeks to figure out that the Stu who posted on Tripper’s site was, in fact, the same Shane Brown whom I dated in high school? Yeah….I’ll chalk that one up to my major head cold. I just kept thinking to myself: “Who the heck does Tripp know named Stu who also would have known Darin and Jamie???” It never occurred to me to think back ten years ago (God, has it been that long?) when I did know for a fact that Shane’s nick name was Stu. Then again, it may have taken me that long because it has been that long and life is vastly different now than it was in high school and college.

Speaking of high school. Mr. Chapman, the band director for Clarkston High School, retired last year (thanks for that tidbit, Shane). He was one of those people I was convinced would still be teaching even now. He was also one of those teachers that, even if you didn’t happen to like him, you worked hard for him because his respect was worth GOLD. So many people seem to want to relive their high school years (witness the show on Fox or wherever called The Reunion). I don’t want to relive all that, but I wouldn’t mind reliving a marching band season. Either my first or third. Hated the last year, but I had a terrible guard with terrible attitudes. Even still….the nostalgia kicks in.

Why don’t I ever remember riding the bus? I know I did in elementary and middle school. I just don’t recall it. Could it have been that traumatic? I doubt it. By the time I got to high school I had to walk there. Still….don’t remember the bus rides except in conjunction with band.

Whatever happened to that guy who took driver’s education with me who was my car partner on the grounds? I wish I could remember his name. He was very tall and was the first boy who ever admitted having a crush on me. Wonder what happened to him…

How long will it take Chris to figure out that I have stopped saying goodnight to him before I head off to bed? So far it’s been six days. Does Chris even read this blog anymore? Is this the price I pay because of the new computer game?

6 comments:

John said...

What computer game does he have? I wish I had time to play the computer.

Shane said...

Hi Mandy. :) Sorry for the confusion, but I didn't change my Blogger info. I had it set up from a while back and used the old pseudonym. I was wondering how long it would take for you to put that together. :)

And, yes, I would agree that things have drastically changed since HS/College. Be sure to drop by My Blog when you get a chance.

Glad to see you are enjoying life in the sunny confines of North Carolina (do they call it "The N.C." as opposed to "The O.C."??)

I remember the bus... however, I wish I could remember the name our bus driver from MS. She was hilarious. Then we some old, crotchety bagle that crashed the bus into a UPS truck... that day was hilarious. It was on the curve that went downhill on Mockingbird as it fed into Chestnut Hills. Haha... good stuff. I even remember the bus number - 29. It was great cause it was an older bus that had a stick shifter and she'd shred the gears going from gear to gear.

Anywho, I've rambled on too long as it is... this is quite the trip down memory lane... good times.

Shane said...

ugh... stupid no working HTML...

my blog is http://stucifer59.blogspot.com

sorry for the extra comments.. cheers !!

Nick said...

You have my condolences... I can't even COUNT the number of times I've written posts only to lose them to 'internal error' at Blogger. I've started writing posts in notepad and copying them over just to be safe. Every once in a while, though, I'll be bold and compose directly on the blog editor. And still I get burned. Ugh!

Shane said...

I use Firefox and the BlogThis! extension to blog. It has been rather reliable for me and makes it really easy to blog stuff w/ links built right into it.

BTW, Mozilla Firefox 1.0 is a great and very stable alternative to Internet Exploder. Check it out:

Firefox 1.0(in case the link doesn't work... http://www.mozilla.org)

Mandy said...

A comment for all-
Tripp- he has World of Warcraft.
Shane- Hiya! :) I have been using Firefox and just noticed the update. I like it way better than Explorer. I think my favorite feature (as of now) is the "New Tab" option so you don't have to keep opening new windows.
Nick- Nice to see you back! I think I might just keep composing in Word to keep from losing my posts. :) That way I can always have them handy if I ever decide I would also like to make a book.