I nearly had a heart attack. I’m serious, too. I had chest pain, shortness of breath, dizzy spells. Yeah, I checked my bank account so I could balance the old check book and found something that very nearly caused too much pain. I saw that my storage place had charged me 5 TIMES for this month’s rent! That is a whopping $255, people! That is really going to mess things up! GAH!!
The good thing is that I immediately called them and the woman was very nice. Don’t you just love when the people who make a mistake are actually nice to you and understand that this could completely screw you over unless it is taken care of? I know I do. So Sharon, who answered my call, assured me that they credited my account four times and that the money should show up today at some point. Good lord! Talk about twitchy. I think this might be why I couldn’t get my eye to stop twitching all yesterday. IT KNEW!! Now it’s time to say a prayer that the money DOES show up tonight. I just turned in the rent check on Tuesday and they normally take a week to clear. We shall see…
2 comments:
Mandy, Mandy, Mandy.... I SO feel your pain. I am having major anxiety here for very similar reasons. Did I tell you the story? Well, then, let me do so now...
Billy has a checking account that he uses for work expenses, and also to pay his corporate credit card. He hasn't been receiving reimbursement (well, not the full reimbursement, really) and the company has decided to stop using the credit cards. They say if he wants a card, he needs to provide his own. Fine, but he's got a $4k balance that needs to be paid off. Meanwhile, he's overdrawn on his checking. To the tune of $700. Whilst waiting for a reimbursement check to show up, they take all the money out of our personal accounts. Everything but $10 (yay us!). This makes me panic, because I notice this on Monday, after I've made purchases all weekend using my debit card. MY DEBIT CARD. Argh. So, now MY account is negative $700. In the meantime, Billy has received a reimbursement, and has deposited it into his work checking, which is now in the black again, thanks to them taking all our money out of our other accounts. They won't let me touch this money, as it is an out-of-state check. He's also been paid via direct deposit, which means the money technically shows up, but isn't really recorded in the computers.
Our painter wants to be paid $700. I pay him via a check, which should be, in all actuality, good. He goes to the bank and they tell him the funds are there, just not available yet.
COME ON. This is why I hate money AND banks. Grrrrr. Hope crisis is averted in your case, because we weren't so lucky!
Jen- I feel for you. I think I recall you mentioning this in your blog a while back (at least the reimbursement issue). Don't you just hate when this happens? I haven't seen my money show up yet, but I have hope it will appear on Monday.
Post a Comment