Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A Balmy Christmas Season

First let me say that my Dear had two perfect days. Apparently he had been grounded from Play Station for 5 weeks. Mom struck a deal with him, though- if he had a perfect week on his daily contract then he could play for two hours this weekend. Amazing what motivates the kid. Hey- whatever works.

So today was very off in the realm of temperatures. Right now, at almost 8:00, it is actually 70 degrees. Yesterday it barely got past 54 and today it is 70!?!? Very odd indeed. The kids and I are studying weather, which is always interesting, and they have reported to me that the average temperature for this time of year in Raleigh is 55. Hmmm.....15 above the average today. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 68! Weird, but pleasantly nice. I have to admit, shopping for Christmas presents at the mall and not needing to worry about lugging a winter coat around is quite nice. I bought the last part of my mom's gift, which also happened to be a part of Chris' gift. Rather, they both are getting one thing that is the same. The problem right now is that Chris is always home when I am and I can't sneak things into the house to wrap them! GRrr! The other problem is that I still don't know what to get Chris for his "big" present. As in, the two things I currently have are little and not very much. Basically two things that I just thought were fun. What to do, what to do?

3 comments:

Shane said...

NO PS !!! AUGH!! CHILD ABUSE !! ;)

Seriously... it was 50 and the wind was about 30 mph here today while raining/t-storming all day. What a mess.

I can't imagine getting into the Christmas spirit more than sitting down and watching A Charlie Brown Christmas thinking... 'Y'know, I gotta mow the lawn this weekend.' all while looking out the window and seeing green grass, leaves on the trees and wearing shorts and a t-shirt. [ok, end sarcasm] :P

Mandy said...

Yeah, I haven't quite gotten used to it. One of the other teachers made mention of the fact that it just didn't feel like Christmas season yet. I agreed with her, but then I realized that Christmas has always included one snow before the actual day. I guess I am still waiting for that snow or something. :)

John said...

It would be nice to be able to shop for Christmas at the mall without the jacket, but I do have to say that the snow is what makes it seem like Christmas. We have had more snow than usual for this time of year. It is all gone right now. Rain and warm weather seem to melt snow really fast. As long as it snows for Christmas, I am happy.