Monday, December 27, 2004

Let the Butt Kicking Begin!

So today was the first day of "camp" with the tae kwon do. Patti (sister of Chris) agreed to foot money to do this with me. Actually, I figured it was a good way to keep the annoyance factor down, which it is. I do admit that the girl has grown up some in the past year, which is also good. Anyway, the camp runs from 9-noon Monday through this Thursday. Now, the normal lesson for Chris and me is 30 minutes. It is vigorous and gets you really sweating. Good stuff. Today was a huge butt kicking.

It doesn't help that I am exhausted to begin with. The sleep thing has completely been avoiding me like the plague. Also, there have been other numerous things keeping me up (picking people up and taking people to the airport). None the less, for the four hours I didn't feel super horrible. The first hour was the worst. Poor Patti- she hasn't worked out this hard in a while and had to sit down for a few minutes. Seriously, I felt a little rumble in the tummy (in the not so good way) after the first hour and was praying for a break. Thankfully it came. Now, however, I think I could hibernate until Friday at the earliest!

Cool things about this camp- I learned stuff that is beyond my belt rank. That makes me feel pretty cool. I remembered the set of steps (nearly) right away when they were taught. I got to break my first practice board. We don't do the real ones just yet. There are these jointed ones and you wear hand gear, but do not be fooled! It is hard. And there are different colors that represent more difficult breaks in order to prepare you to eventually break a real wooden board. So that was the highlight for me. I broke mine on the first try.

Other than that, life is calm. The camp idea is working. Patti is currently very tired, which means less arguments and less time that I want to strangle someone in the house. Finally she has learned to obey the rules and set up the guest room to make as little mess as possible, which makes me infinitely happy. There's only one little pile right next to the bed, but that is out of my way and I can reach the computer, so I am happy. We'll see how the rest of camp goes, though. :)

1 comment:

Kathie Mac said...

Nothing makes a mom prouder than to have her little girl be a registered "butt kicker". However, it does come in handy perhaps when someone pushes ahead of you in line or maybe is you need some wood broken up for kindling.