Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Butt Kicking part 2

Today went faster than yesterday in camp. Tomorrow will be nice too- we get to do some "extreme" TKD and I get to wear a plain white t-shirt instead of a t-shirt under the normal top. HOORAY! This will make for far less over-heating.

The coolest part of camp? I learned a new kick (the axe kick- just like it sounds) and then broke my first board with the kick. Still the kind the have the interlocking middles, but it was a harder board than yesterday (which was a hammer strike- a hand break). I was way more proud of today's break because it was a harder board and it is harder for me to coordinate kicks into breaking board. I did it on the first try too, which rocked.

The other neat thing is that I have learned the first 20 moves in a form that is above my belt rank. Not only have I learned them, but I can actually remember them now that I am not in class! Woo hoo! Other nice things about fronting the money and attending the camp- you get to learn weapons. We used nun-chucks again today. That was a little harder, but one of the more fun things as a group. Making new friends is pretty nice. It's also nice to have such a group of thirteen other people who will root you on even when you fail on the first try. All in all I think this has been a great way to spend most of my winter break. My muscles hurt like I was back in band camp, though. It's a good hurt. A productive hurt.

No comments: