It's not bad enough to have a hard time sleeping in general, is it? I mean, I think I inherited the light sleeping from my mom. It doesn't take much to wake me up at night, which will most likely come in handy years from now when I have kids and they turn into teenagers. For now, though, it's just a huge pain in the butt.
Last night we had another thunder storm that seemed to be centered right over our apartment. This is problematic only because Parker freaks out when we have storms. He's such a wimp that he will actually crawl up onto our bed our into someone's lap if they are on the couch. This is despite the "spray bottle of death" that is brandished in his face. Last night was hard to get him to settle down and I am already not sleeping well over the past week. As in, can't fall asleep at all until close to 3:00AM. Nice. Well, if that happens enough to me a headache takes over (like last night) and I usually can fall asleep after a remarkable time (an hour of tossing). Every time I moved last night the dog moved, though. ARGH!! Enter in the second obstacle in my sleep: the smoke alarm.
Most smoke alarms just make a loud chirping noise when they are in need of a battery change or if some wiring has gone crazy. Not the one that is located right outside my bedroom! I can not even begin to describe the crazy and very scary noise that woke me up in a panic this morning at 2:00AM. Even scarier was that the noise was so loud and scary that Chris actually woke up out of a dead sleep. This noise was so unrecognizable and so intermittent that for nearly 8 minutes we could not figure out where the noise was coming from. Once we had it narrowed down to "Insane Smoke Detector" we started the process of dismantling it. Now, before you give me the lecture about how dangerous this is- I KNOW IT IS! This is Reason Number 3 as to why I got a crappy night of sleep. Now that I had the noise problem solved I was obsessing about fires and how the whole lot of us (humans and animals alike) would perish. Even Chris had the same problem. Reason Number 4 was that I didn't realize that there was a cat in the room (not the norm) and I kept falling asleep only to have dreams about bugs crawling on my face. I finally realized that it wasn't bugs, but one of the cats sticking his whiskery face in mine to see if I was awake and ready to pet him.
Why me?
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay, you win. I do believe I came pretty close with Logan's Tuesday night fiasco with hallucinogenics and how it wreaked havoc with the rest of the family.
We are still talking about the ghosts, mind you.
I think yours does take the cake, Jen. I mean the whole fiasco with the dog and the smoke detector is crazy, but I can not imagine throwing a kid in the mix.:)
Post a Comment