Today I am leaving. I will leave my structured life behind to live the one I can only dream of. The one where I don’t worry about salary, bills, retirements, 401K plans because today I will leave that all behind and the Eeyore cloud that follows it around. I will leave more time for walks with the dog and napping with the cats. I will leave my inhibitions behind with the self doubt and self-loathing. Leave it in the dust and run away as the girl I know I can be.
Today I will arrive in my mind’s eye to the house of my heart. I will have a room with a view of the water and it’s got to have an overstuffed chair in there. I’ll have book shelves built into the walls and a closet full of quilts and pillows just for when the weather turns cold and the wind begins to rattle the windows. I’m leaving this small apartment life for that old farm house in the country. At the end of the day I will sigh and read or sit and absently stroke the cat’s head as we watch TV. Tomorrow I may wake up in the standard life I have been living- full of steady jobs, paid bills, and responsibilities. But today I will leave this compartmentalized life for the one I have stored up in the round tower of my heart.

No comments:
Post a Comment