Saturday, February 02, 2008

Day Two

Funny, isn't it- how I am going with titles that are very basic. I always have problems giving titles to whatever I am writing. I don't know why- it just happens. The kids I teach always seem to have no problems with titles, but I always get stuck. So, for that occasion a whole poem about titles:

Untitled

I am bad at titles
Other people have problems with
Endings
But not me.

Titles are the issue at hand
I always have beginnings
Very nearly always a good
middle and end.

Oh woe to the writer with no
Title
How will they know what the writing is about?
No Title.

It mocks me- that blank
Spot
It hovers above, smiling
C'mon, it begs, I dare you!

I want to be clever or funny
Expend all my energy into
The Writing
My well is dry when it comes to
The Title.

No comments: