I went out to lunch with Mom today. She has found a new sandwich place and I got a call this morning seeing if I wanted to be treated to lunch. Boy howdy! I love when I get free lunch! When you're poor anything for free is good!
So anyway, we went to this place called Penn Station East Coast Subs. It's a place that originally started out in Cincinnati, so it can't be half bad in my mind. I don't think Ohio is the end all of places, but it is a little closer to the northern land of Michigan where the food is mighty fine. So the subs were very good. It was as if I wasn't in the south at all! It was all East Coast and Northern, all right. Yankee goodness!
Some of you might be thinking: "Well why'd you move down here if you like the food up there so much???" I would have to say that it ISN'T that the food down south is bad....just different. Come now, you have to admit that you are hard pressed to find an epicenter of cultural diversity in food down here. I have YET to find a good Greek place to eat where the salad isn't something of a glorified Italian dressing with feta cheese. You can't find a good coney dog place here (back to Greek food) or polish food. Just for the record- perogis are not supposed to be bite sized and frozen in the grocery store in a bag called Mrs. T's. They should be BIGGER and not frozen and fresh. And then there is the whole world of pazkis (poonch-keys). But that's another story. For now I will have to exist on Penn Station Subs.
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahhh yes! I do love a good coney dog! We have coney islands all over and I love it. They serve their purpose. You know, for breakfast and chili cheese fries.
Post a Comment