Monday, August 09, 2004

Olympic Spirit

Okay...I'm over the printer and library. I am. Really. Well, maybe not. BUT in the spirit of moving on I have been trolling other people's blogs and happened across this one:
http://www.goldblatt.info/olympicjournal.htm Or this one: http://www.nj.com/weblogs/scott/

SO the Olympics are coming up. Opening ceremonies are this Friday and I, for one, will be glued to the TV. No going out to movies on Friday- OLYMPIC FEVER BABY! I have to admit that I am a bit of an obsessive compulsive when it comes to the Olympics. I don't know why. I just start watching them and some how I get sucked in. Of course I am wildly cheering for the men women of the United States, but there is something catchy about the Olympics. I can't help but watch. It's the competition and the whole world coming together. There is something magical about it. The fact that there have only really been 3 times when they didn't take place (1916, 1940, 1944) and that was mainly because of war.....I don't know. Something just speaks to me.

Anyway, check out the link above to Scott Goldblatt's blog. He is a swimmer on our U.S. team and he has been doing a great job. There is even a place on his blog where you can contact him to just wish him luck. Go ahead! Do it! You know you want to!

Here's to the Olympics and to the hope they bring to the world!

No comments: