Thursday, August 26, 2004

Mitchell vs. The Driveway

If you look right below this post you will see the picture of my nephew, Mitch, and his wounds. Quite a look for the kid, especially starting school next week. He'll be eight years old in September and, from what I hear, he handled this one pretty well.

I called my mom on my way home from school and was treated to the story of Mitchell vs. The Driveway. I guess Mitch wants rollerblades, but he doesn't have any. Instead of being defeated by this one little detail he went and got his older brother's 'blades. His older brother, Mathew, is going to be 14 in September. BIG SIZE DIFFERENCE. Let me not forget to add that Tripp and Melinda just had the driveway paved about two weeks ago, maybe less. The surface is smooth, the 'blades too big, the situation is ripe for mishap.

Melinda comes home. Marissa, who is six, comes out and says to her mom: "Mitchell's nose is bleeding and it's not because he picked it." If you're not laughing yet then you must be dead.

Turns out when Mitch tried to glide like a pro he fell and rode his face down the driveway. I have to give BIG BIG props to the kid- after the crying was over (honestly, who wouldn't cry after riding their face down a new asphalt driveway) Mitchell immediately wanted to display his face in front of the web cam for Meme (my mom) to see. Thankfully Melinda took a picture instead so that we can forward it around. So here it is on the blog for all to see!

One last thing- Mitch is my new hero. I would have been screaming bloody murder if I had those wounds!

No comments: