Two words: awesome....burger. They really have nothing to do with each other, but they are the two things that are on my mind this morning. The opening Ceremonies for the Olympics kicked all sorts of butt last night. I have to admit, though, that the parade of nations was a bit boring. It's interesting to see, but it takes so darn long! Then I had to come in here and look up the darn Greek Alphabet to figure out when the heck the parade would be over! At any rate, I was very impressed with the opening and the way in which the Greeks showcased their nation and the history of the Olympics. AWESOME. I am not very tired because I stayed up until 1:00AM and then was awoken to Parker barking at 4:30AM. I still can't figure out why he was barking...
The burger. Ultimate Burger to be specific. My brother had another one of his crazy ideas...this time it involves eating a VERY large burger (possibly 6 lbs. if he is really adventurous). He heard about this challenge from a pub in Pennsylvania called Denny's Beer Barrel Pub. From the stage where he and his friends said: "Heck yeah! We should road trip and do it!" they evolved into a new stage that was prompted by a co-worker who suggested making this a charity event. Phone calls were made and the chosen charity is the ALS Association. For those of you who don't know- Tripper's and my grandmother died of this disease in 1996. It is an awful disease and a deserving cause. It may be more familiar to people who have heard of Lou Gehrig's Disease. They are one and the same. At any rate, please check in over the next few weeks to the Ultimate Burger site and the Denny's Pub site to see how things are going with Big Brother Tripp. I'll have more info coming from my end on how to pledge your donation for this cause!
Saturday, August 14, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment