First of all- can I say how much I like that I can change the font color. My last blog I couldn't do that. Well, maybe you could, but I was just too lame to know how. It's far easier now. Oh yeah....color changing blog. Wicked cool!
So anyway all the news! I am TRACKED OUT!! I left the building in the spirit of my brother and his kids saying the wonderful phrase of: MacLachlan...out! This was yesterday. I officially was done on Friday with kids, but I had a work day yesterday. It was very calming to have my whole room to myself and not feel pressured to get a million things done. Of course, my crowning achievement yesterday was leaving my headlights on and killing my battery. My daddy didn't raise no fool, though- I had the handy jumper cables in the back and borrowed Denise's keys to her car (she was parked next to me and she is not tracked out). Melissa, the AG (that's academically gifted to non-teachers) teacher helped me out. The car started, no one shocked themselves (which nearly happened last Friday when I had to jump Chris's car) and I was off for my vacation.
So last Friday, after getting Chris's car going, we came home and packed up to go camping with friends of ours. We had no idea on Thursday night when we went to Liz and Justin's house to hang out that we would agree to go camping the very next night. I was feeling very tired and Justin is somehow very convincing. We even brought Parker the Pooper (who hasn't pooped any more since that one single time). Ah yes....it was an experience to remember. I brought the camera, but we failed to take any pictures at all. Maybe next time. I think the main problem with the camera factor is that we don't have a digital camera. I like film cameras just fine- I should considering I scrapbook - but digital would be so much easier. At any rate- camping was interesting. We always have fun with Liz and Justin and it is so nice to have more friends. It's nice for Chris to have a guy to hang with too. Mostly it is just nice to have another couple to be friends with down here who are up for doing things. We have other friends, but they are busy lots lately (kids, pregnant, gearing up for school to start, etc).
So camping at Falls Lake. It was truly an experience. Next time I will make sure we bring more water to drink. :) Liz and Justin work hard during the weekdays and like to kick back on weekends. They are very cool about me not drinking and that's awesome, but being the only one not drinking meant that there was a little less fluid for me. I had a coke and there was some water, but not nearly enough (I found this out the hard way on Saturday afternoon and got headaches from lack of water). Parker was fun to have. Sleeping in a tent with a dog is not the most fun. We thought about leaving him in the car overnight, but the car was a quarter mile away from the site and through the woods. Not a good thing. I think the highlight of the trip was when we went down to the lake on Saturday morning and let the dog off leash for the first time ever. I swear, he jumped around like a jack rabbit and swam like a demon! Do demons swim? If it weren't so scary that he bounding around and not listening to us, well is would have been funny. Too bad we didn't have a video camera. All said....camping was fun. IT was only a 15 minute drive from the house, on a lake, swimming was nice and the dog had a blast. And Justin- he made us silverware and his own spatula for making the food. Man! If I was on Survivor I would never be as cool as Justin.
Tuesday, August 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ok, two things. First, as your super cool and up with the cutting edge of technology brother, I have to tell you to throw away those jumper cables because I have something for you. It is called a jump box. Home Depot (my second favorite store) has them on clearance for $20. You will never have to find someone to give you a jump again. Just hook this nifty little device to your car and it gives you a jump. Man, talk about lightning in a box!
Now, second, just remember, you don't have to be the coolest on Survivor. Just form an alliance and vote him off. On my island, he would be so off. After he made his silverware of course.
Post a Comment